1. Let’s start with a little something about you. What do you want the readers to know? Hi, I’m a romance writer, master gardener and romance reader. I live in a small suburb of Milwaukee, WI.
2. It took me almost ten years to get my first book published. The second book soon to be published, I thought was cursed…I sent it to three publishers and all three of them closed up shop as soon as they said yes to publishing the book. I am praying the publisher I have now stays in business…lol
3. Now? Tell us about your book(s). My first written book Next Time Love Comes is a second chance romance for the characters involved. They had first marriages and neither one worked out the way they should have, so now Liz and Aiden have a second chance to do it right…if life doesn’t get in their way.
4. List of favorites…
A. Quote? If at first you don’t succeed…
B. Color? Definitely forest green…that’s the gardener in me.
C. Food? Anything I don’t have to cook myself…my husband is a great cook, but it takes a lot of convincing to get him to do it.
D. Lucky number? Don’t really have one, at least that I’ve noticed.
E. Movie? While You Were Sleeping with Sandra Bullock Actor? Chris Hemsworth Actress? Sandra Bullock
F. Song? Next Time I Fall In Love…yes the book was actually based on the premise of the song by Peter Cetera
G. Memory? Don’t have a good one…lol
H. Way to spend your down time? Reading, antiquing.
I. Word? Yes.
J. Author? Robin Carr
K. Secret indulgence? Chocolate isn’t that everyone’s?
L. Perfume/cologne? Coco, by Chanel
M. Place you’ve visited? Door County Wisconsin, beautiful.
N. Guilty pleasure? Again, chocolate…is there a theme here?
O. Cartoon? Huh? Maybe Garfield.
5. Do you have any rituals when you write? No but it is a ritual to get my butt in the chair.
6. What/who encouraged you to be a writer and what/who inspires you to keep writing? My husband first encouraged me when he saw how much time I actually put into my first book. After almost a year of writing it, he just about forced me to submit it to publishers.
7. Writing plans for the future? Well I have a second book in edits now with my publisher and a third one I am just about finished with. Then I have a fourth that is in the pondering stage…looking for ideas how to proceed with it. Naturally I’d love for all of them to see the light of day and be published.
8. What is your opinion on S’mores? Burnt marshmallow or not? Oh definitely burnt…black
9. Tell us a story about something you’ve witnessed that made you laugh. Well I used to live in the middle of the forest in Indiana and we had a border collie, Dandy who patrolled the area. What made me laugh was when a pig…yes a full grown pig came and visited him from a farm somewhere, still not sure where she was from. But she and the dog immediately liked each other and ran around the house for a good couple of hours before the dog lost interest and the pig went home. I never would have expected to see this sight in a small town in Indiana.
10. Most embarrassing moment ever? Came out of a bathroom one day at a concert and started to hug someone I thought was my husband…nope…it was some other man. Needless to say my husband saw the whole thing and laughed hysterically.
11. You can teleport anywhere and any era you wish. You can only bring 3 things with you. Where do you go and what do you bring? Hmmm, I think I’d magically teleport to a deserted island, which had all the conveniences of home…of course and lay on the beach and have other people cook for me.
12. What are your feelings about chocolate milk? Love it, love it, love it.
13. Pet person? Do you have them? If so, tell us about them? Yep, I have a mini poodle that keeps me hopping. He’s 13 now and starting to slow down now…thank goodness.
14. Tell us about your first kiss. Behind the bleachers on my school yard in 3rd grade.
15. Have you ever walked down a toy aisle at a store and pushed all the buttons? Constantly at Christmas, with all the Santa toys. It used to drive my mom crazy. Now I do it to my husband. LOl
16. It’s raining outside, you’re completely alone, what do you do? Write…that’s my favorite time to write, when the temptations of being outside can’t get to me.
17. Words of wisdom for our readers? Don’t ever give up. It took me ten years and I finally have a book published. You can apply that to anything you really want in your life.
Thanks so much for hanging out with us and answering our silly questions. YOU ROCK!
Wordpress blog http:llpicl.wordpress.com
Facebook fan page https:www.facebook.com/lindal.picl
Amazon link to the book http://amzn.to/1sKDFY1