1. Let’s start with a little something about you. What do you want the readers to know?
Hello Readers. My name isn't really D.L. Colon, but it is a play off of my real name. I am 23 years old and live in Puerto Rico. I started writing my first novel last year and I just recently published it. For me writing was a learning experience because my first language is Spanish and even though I speak English pretty fluently, grammar is not my strong suit. It may surprise you, but until four years ago I hated reading. I found my love for reading, and my inspiration to write, when I read The Summoner by Gail Z. Martin.
I have a Culinary Arts degree, which I'm planning on using when I move to the US early next year. On an interesting note, I got the idea for my first book, The Lost City: Drake's Revenge, from playing video games. I'm a gamer at heart, a writer by chance and a chef because it's something I love. I'm currently writing my second novel, which is the second book in The Lost City series. I hope you all enjoy my first novel and continue on with the series when the rest are released.
2. Now? Tell us about your book(s).
The book is entitled, The Lost City: Drake’s Revenge. It’s my first book and it’s available on Amazon, B&N, Kobo and Apple.
It focuses on Drake’s quest for revenge, but it also follows him as he grows and learns that sometimes there’s to life than just revenge.
3. List of favorites…
A. Quote: Life keeps passing you by as you grow old, but what you have been through stays no matter how much you grow with the years. That’s what makes you who you are
B. Color: Red and Black
C. Food: Pizza
D. Lucky number: 11
E. Movie: Van Helsing Actor: Russell Crowe Actress: Angelina Jolie
F. Song: Edge of Desire By John Mayer
G. Memory: This year, when I went to see My Girlfriend
H. Way to spend your down time: listening to music, writing, playing video games
J. Author: Gail Z. Martin, Stephanie Rowe, Cinda Williams Chima, Bella Andre.
K. Secret indulgence?
L. Perfume/cologne: Hugo Boss
M. Place you’ve visited: Spain
N. Guilty pleasure: Cheesecake
O. Cartoon/Anime: Yume the Aetara
4. Do you have any rituals when you write:
Mostly listen to music.
5. What/who encouraged you to be a writer and what/who inspires you to keep writing:
Stephanie Rowe encouraged me to write my own book and my girlfriend inspired me to keep writing.
6. Writing plans for the future:
Keep writing the stories that come into my mind.
7. What is your opinion on S’mores? They are good Burnt marshmallow or not? Sure why not
8. Tell us a story about something you’ve witnessed that made you laugh.
I was at Work and a coworker of mine came in to give us something he slip but didn’t fall down he look at us and then he suddenly fell.
9. Most embarrassing moment ever?:
Seeing my Girlfriend for the first time.
10. You can teleport anywhere and any era you wish. You can only bring 3 things with you. Where do you go and what do you bring?
I would go to the US, I would bring My Clothes, My Papers, and Money
11. What are your feelings about chocolate milk?
I like it
12. Pet person? Do you have them? If so, tell us about them?
13. Tell us about your first kiss.
It happen, I went to see My Girlfriend and she was coming out of the cab, I got her out, got her stuff, and I put my hands on her cheecks and I gave her a surprising, caring kiss
14. Have you ever walked down
a toy aisle at a store and pushed all the buttons?
Yep, I did it quite frequently
15. It’s raining outside, you’re completely alone, what do you do?
Get some music on, start Writing.
16. Words of wisdom for our readers?
Don’t let the actions of others dictate your life, only you know what’s best for you. Always do what you love, if you aren’t happy with what you have, it’s most likely that is not what you wanted.
Thanks so much for hanging out and answering the interview questions! It was fun!
Here are the links where you can find D.L. Colon -->
Amazon book http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LXG83AE?ie=UTF8&at=aw-android-pc-us-20&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links
Amazon Author page http://www.amazon.com/D.L.-Colon/e/B00M4QVUDY/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
FB Author page https://m.facebook.com/AuthorD.L.Colon